Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Christmas rerun

Tis the season. That time of year. (And any other holiday cliche you might want to add.)

Yep, it's that month when everyone gathers around and watches Charlie Brown, the Grinch, Rudolph and Frosty.

And maybe even "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" -- perhaps the best of them, though I haven't seen it on TV in recent years, and it's just as well; to fit in more commercials, they cut the heck out of it, including some fine music by Jule Styne. True, when I was a kid, I was bored when Belle Fezziwig -- played by Jane Kean, who later played Trixie Norton -- sang "Winter Was Warm," but when you're a long way from being a kid, that song can pack a wallop.

Anyway.

I wish I could say I had my own TV special, but the closest thing I have is a story called "The Afternoon Before Christmas." It's about 1,500 words. I linked to it last year at this time, and the Web page is still up, so why not again?

You can find it here.

No comments: