Monday, December 21, 2009

3,000 and counting

This blog reached another milestone today -- 3,000 hits.

So I'd like to take this occasion to thank all my visitors.

Notice I said "visitors" but not "fans." For it seems that most of the people who come upon this blog don't get here because their respective breaths are bated as they await the latest drippings from my alleged mind.

They get here because they're searching for something, and their search brings them indirectly (perhaps "detoured" would be a better word) to this establishment.

I notice a lot of you -- and that's putting it mildly -- have landed here because you've been doing a search for "sinbad movies." Heaven only knows what kind of hold Sinbad has on you people. And I thought the characters from "Star Trek," in all its permutations, had a herculean fan base.

Lately I've been getting a lot of visits from Googlebot. I've been trying to ascertain exactly what a Googlebot is, but although I have a rough idea, I can't quite figure it out. My local computer guru has tried to explain it to me, but to no avail, although he does say that to be stalked by a Googlebot is a good thing. (Hmm. I wonder if a Googlebot can mate with a doodle bug. If you happen to know the answer to that, please refrain from telling it to me.)

I do know that I have a loyal reader in Boise, Idaho, who was kind enough to write to me. Someone from Rockville, Md., comes here, too. And I occasionally see visitors from Rochester, N.Y., and Wampsville, N.Y. ("Good old Wampsville -- gateway to Oneida," as Bob Hope would say if he were here, which I'm glad he isn't, because I'm sure I couldn't afford his price.)

Anyway, thanks to all of you regulars, whether you identify yourselves or not. It's always nice to know there's someone out there, even when I'm not completely sure there's anyone in here.

Onward.

No comments: