Saturday, February 18, 2012

'Busy, busy, busy'

If you're of a certain age (OK, OK, if you're, say, over 50, like me), you might remember the gentleman on the right.

His name was Billy De Wolfe, and he was one of the great character comedians of the 20th century. And he was always funny.

Anyway, I've used one of his catchphrases as today's headline. I'm not doing it so much as to pay tribute to Mr. De Wolfe (although he certainly deserves to be remembered) as to explain why I've been away for a while. According to my profile, I'm a "freelance copy editor," and that lance has been quite in demand lately.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

But I do feel bad that I haven't been able to check in lately.

I hope to post more often when I get more breathing space.

And those of you who have followed this blog for some time might be happy to know that I am once again booked to compete next month in the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament and plan to (also once again) report on my experience.

I hope you'll stay tuned.

No comments: