Saturday, November 21, 2015

Back in the blog saddle again

Yes, I'm still here.

I've been busy with a number of things -- including hernia surgery, which was my first operation since I was a kid and had my tonsils out. I can't remember what I was doing last Wednesday, but I somehow remember that tonsillectomy and my fifty-year-old hospital stay quite vividly. But I think I'll save the details for another post.

I also have more free time because I'm now semiretired. One major reason my blog posts have fallen off over the last three years is that I was offered a full-time job by one of my freelance clients. Having taken a buyout from my previous job, I wasn't expecting that. (It's not every day, especially these days, that a fifty-something person is actually recruited by a company.)

My job was with an ad agency, the Pinckney Hugo Group. They're great people, and I might still work on some projects for them from time to time. And if you're interested (and I hope you are), the company is now in my blogroll, and if you visit their very well-designed website, I think you can still find a charming video about the company that includes a cameo appearance by yours truly.

Anyway, I hope to see you folks more often. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: