Monday, August 17, 2009

The short, fast summer

Those of you who stop by this blog regularly (and I know there are a few of you, bless you) have probably figured out that it's been a while (July 20, to be exact) since my last post.

Whoops.

All I can say is that it's been a busy summer here at Murphy's Craw. In addition to my regular freelance editing gig that helps pay the bills here (that durned MacArthur Genius Foundation still isn't returning my calls), I took on a major project (about 500 pages) that took almost exactly one month, enriching my coffers but not giving me much time to do anything else.

Besides that, the local cinephile society has been on hiatus for the summer. (By the way, I notice that my post on the group's showing of a Sinbad movie has attracted an unusual number of hits. Who knew the guy had such a following?)

Anyway, now that I am between projects, I hope to catch up on a number of things, including this paltry effort to amuse you.

Please stay tuned.

No comments: